Enter the Spicy Mocha-ccino, one of Coffee Beanery master barista Zaldy Mangaliag’s coffee drinks during a workshop at the CCA Manila for Telus International Philippines. It is his winning flavored coffee beverage from the 2010 Philippine Grand Barista Cup
“Naisip ko ‘to
Yields: 2 cups
- 10 g. butter
- 40 g. chocolate powder
- A slice of orange
- 2 siling
- Caramel sauce
- Heat up the pan and melt butter.
- Add the chocolate powder and stir.
- Pour the cream.
- Squeeze in a slice of orange to balance the taste.
- Add siling labuyo.
- Add caramel sauce according to your preference.
- Cook until the sauce blobs.
- Pour into two separate mugs and set aside.
- Extract an appropriate amount of espresso from ground coffee beans.
- Pour into the mugs.
- Steam the milk until warm and foamy.
- Add to the mixture of spicy chocolate sauce and espresso.
Photos by Madel Crudo.