Here’s a basic barbecue marinade and basting solution (you read that wrong) for your basic self. You’d ideally want to stick to fatty cuts of pork or chicken with the skin on, since leaner cuts will dry out faster than your last date after you mentioned your Gunpla collection.
For 5 kg. of meat
½ cup Knorr liquid seasoning
1 large red onion, minced
1 whole garlic, minced
1 ½ cup Carp or Coconut brand soy sauce
2 cups white vinegar
1 tbsp. black pepper powder
½ cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Dip each piece of meat into marinade to coat.
- Place each coated piece of meat into an airtight container.
- Pour the leftover marinade into the container.
- Marinate for at least 24 hrs.
1 cup Del Monte original blend ketchup
1 cup Knorr liquid seasoning
5 cups cooking oil
1 tbsp. hot sauce (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl until it emulsifies, or blend in a blender on medium for 10-20s.
- Use a brush to brush this onto your meat before and after you flip it.