Just because you’re on an instant noodle budget doesn’t mean that you have to eat the same thing the exact same way, every single time. That said, we’ve listed a handful of instant noodle hacks to help ease the soul crushing existence you call life.
- 2 packs Shin Ramyun noodles
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 clove freshly grated garlic
- 1 tsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- Dissolve flavor packet and peanut butter in water then bring water to boil.
- Cook noodles and dried vegetable packet 30 seconds shy of package directions.
- Bring to a boil, then remove it from the heat. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, and freshly grated garlic.
- Crack eggs into each bowl. Break the yolk, but don’t beat the egg.
- Pour hot noodle soup over eggs and stir gently.
- Top with your preferred toppings (asado, tea egg, leek slivers, etc…)
Instant “stir-fried noodles”
- 2 packs Shin Ramyun
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 10 tbsp. of the water you used to boil the noodles in
- 1 tsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- Boil noodles and dried vegetables 30 seconds shy of package directions.
- Drain noodles, but make sure to keep 10 tbsp. of the noodle water.
- Dilute flavor packet and garlic in soy sauce, sesame oil, and noodle water to make the sauce.
- Toss hot noodles in sauce, serve.
- Optional: If you have leftover chopsuey/lo han chai/stir-fried vegetables, you can toss them in with the noodles to make a tastier dish (just make sure to nuke the veg in the microwave first so it’s evenly heated).
Instant “hot pot”
- 2 packs Nissin “Demae” or “Raoh” noodles
- ½ kg. pechay or bok choy
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin coins
- 1 white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pcs. fish balls per person
- 3 pcs. squid balls per person
- 3 pcs. mushroom balls per person
- 3 pcs. crab sticks per person
- 1 egg per person
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sake (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Mirin (optional)
- Sweat onions and garlic in a soup pot.
- Dissolve flavor packet in 1 L of water. Pour mixture into pot and bring to a boil.
- Add squid balls, fish balls, mushroom balls, and crab sticks and bring to a boil. Cook till all the balls start to float.
- Add carrots, pechay/bok choy, and instant noodles into the soup and boil 30 seconds shy of package directions.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, sake, and Mirin. Stir a few times then remove from heat.
- Add eggs one by one while stirring.
- 2 packs Nissin “Demae”
- 2 tbsp. quickmelt cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- Boil noodles 30 seconds shy of package directions. Save flavor packet and sesame oil for another time.
- Drain the noodles, but save 8 tbsp. of the noodle water for later.
- Put noodles pack in the pan you used to boil it then add cheese, noodle water, garlic, and egg. Mix well.
- Optional: Go buy french fries from your favorite fast food restaurant, drizzle the flavor packet onto the fries and shake well.